On a laptop, as well as on a stationary PC, it is possible to record sound. This is possible thanks to the integrated sound card. Read on for how to record voice and other noises with and without a microphone.
Recording sounds through a microphone
To record, in addition to a laptop with a sound card, you will need a microphone, an adapter and a special program for work.
REFERENCE! More advanced programs are Sound Forge editor versions 6.0 and 7.0, Audition, etc. They are used even for professional work and mixing music.
Save the sound is not difficult. Follow the instructions below..
- Run the standard program to try out the microphone. It is present in every operating system and is in the list of standard programs.
- You can use paid applications. To do this, they must be downloaded and installed on the desktop.
- Next, connect the microphone to the device: for the plug choose a pink connector. If the connectors do not have colors, then you should focus on the inscription. As a rule, the minijack connector on the sound card, and the plug has a jack interface. therefore a special adapter will come in handy.
- In the window that opens, click the "record" button. Within a minute you can make a voice message (for a standard program). Adjust the microphone volume. For example, say the phrase "one, two, three."
- Create a new file or project and click on start. Usually recording starts within 3 seconds, so get ready for the process in advance. The button should have a red circle. On the right side, you can observe two sensors in the form of parallel vertical stripes. If their condition changes, then the microphone is found and works fine.
- The stop button allows you to stop the process. This is a small square icon.
- Further, depending on the capabilities of the installed program, you can listen to the work and save it for further editing. More sophisticated programs add sound effects.
- If extraneous noise is heard during playback, this indicates a malfunction in the equipment. It is advisable to use the invert function - phase change of the audio signal.
IMPORTANT! As a microphone, you need to use a microphone, not headphones or speakers.
Sound recording without a microphone
Recording without a microphone can also be done, for example, from the included movie. To do this, you can use the built-in microphone and an already installed program. The quality will differ markedly from the professional, extraneous noise is possible. Saving is possible in .mva format. A significant minus is the inability to pause recording.
Follow these steps:
- First you need to find a stereo mixer. If it is not in the window, most likely it is simply hidden. To make it visible, just click on a blank spot on the screen.
- Next, turn on the stereo mixer as the default device and disable the microphone.
- Sound recording is carried out according to the standard scheme described earlier.
- If problems arise when using the mixer, it is best to try any of the paid and free programs for recording sound from a PC. There are a lot of them, and the choice should be made based on the characteristics of the OS and personal preferences.
- You can adjust the sound quality by adjusting the frequencies. Check out the ready-made settings and select the appropriate ones. By lowering the level of a certain frequency, it is easy to eliminate noise defects.
ATTENTION! If you do not need to record large amounts of information and carry out their further processing, then there is no point in acquiring powerful sound programs. After all, the simpler the interface, the easier it is to understand it, especially for an inexperienced user.
Modern laptops provide a huge variety of features, including sound recording programs. This function can be useful both for entertainment of the whole family, and for a professional kind of activity. We hope that this article will be useful and will help you make appropriate settings for recording sound.