Today, there is a huge variety of useful household appliances that greatly simplify our lives. This includes a mixer, the presence in the kitchen of which every housewife will appreciate. It greatly facilitates the cooking process, helping to mix or whisk foods. Manufacturers of household appliances offer a wide selection of diverse models, among which it is not easy to find what is really needed.
What is a mixer and why is it needed
A mixer is a special device that whips them and mixes food at high speed. It is often confused by many with a blender. However, their main difference is that the mixer does not have sharp blades, and its main task is to whisk, not to grind.
The so-called heart of such a device is an engine that is powered by the mains and ensures the rotation of the nozzles. The first copies were very large and bulky - not every housewife could afford such a device, which was not only extremely expensive, but also took up a lot of space in the kitchen. Current mixers are very compact. In the markets you can find significantly inexpensive models with low price and power. Such copies are suitable for those housewives who do not cook so often.
Types of Home Mixers
Hardware and electronics stores offer two types of mixers - manual and stationary. They differ not only in size and design, but also in power.
Features of hand and stationary mixers
Basically, home mixers are divided into manual and stationary. Based on the name, it is easy to guess - the principle of operation of the first type of units, suggests that they must be held in hand. At the same time, the stationary whips automatically, without any help. This greatly facilitates the cooking process, as long as the stationary mixer whips the dough, the hostess can do something else.
Hand mixers - a more lightweight option, suitable for any occasion. With this device, you can whip food in any bowl, mug or pan, which greatly simplifies the cooking process. A small engine is installed in the manual units, which provides a lower number of revolutions.
The stationary unit works independently, it has significantly more power, however, such devices are more expensive than manual devices.
ATTENTION! Before you purchase this or that device, think: is it really necessary to whip a large number of products, or can you get by with a small but convenient manual option? In this case, it is necessary to be guided exclusively by your preferences.
The hand mixer also has a plus - it is quite simple and easy to wash, it does not need to be disassembled, and to clean it from food debris, you just need to rinse it. However, unlike the stationary version, the hand mixer must be kept in the process, which does not allow you to simultaneously perform any other action.
The planetary mixer works on the principle of planetary rotation in the solar system, and also moves around its axis. This feature allows you to easily mix very viscous products of large volume - a sufficiently large and roomy planetary version is suitable for housewives who spend a lot of time in the kitchen and often prepare a variety of dishes.
Which mixer is better
Before buying, it is important to decide what exactly you want to receive from your mixer.
To choose the right mixer for your home, you need to pay attention to the following criteria:
- Power. First of all, the power of the device is important, since the strength of the rotational element and the quality of mixing the products will depend on it. It is important to remember that the higher the power of an electrical product, the more electricity it consumes! Hand mixers have power from 160 to 400 watts, while in stationary mixers it can reach 1000 watts. Basically, 300 W is enough for work - such an aggregate easily whips both batter and cream into thick foam.
- Functionality. The simplest instances have just three gearshift modes. The more features and speeds, the higher the cost of the product. If you use the instructions for the device, you can find out for which product it is better to apply this or that speed so that the process of whipping food is more rational.
- Additional functions. There should be a special button on the case that is responsible for the ejection of nozzles. Also, a quality product should have an additional function of protection against engine overheating and warning about it.
- The volume of the bowl.
IMPORTANT! Choosing a mixer with a bowl, you should decide in advance on its size and what you plan to whip in it.
The dimensions of the thicket include the volumes of the prepared dishes:
- 1 liter bowl allows you to whip the ingredients for sauces or omelet;
- 2 liters can contain products for making dough and mashed potatoes;
- 3 liters is the most common option, as it is ideal for cooking almost any dish;
- more than 3 liters are used by professionals who prepare large volumes of products daily.
The material for making the bowl is also important. It is necessary that it is not scratched and not damaged during cooking. For this, plastic, glass or metal is best suited. Plastic is the simplest and cheapest material, it is lightweight compared to others, and in the event of a sudden breakdown, it is easily replaced by another, similar bowl.
In order for the household assistant to work for a long time, it is necessary to properly care for him - after each work, thoroughly clean from existing contaminants. Do not whip thick dough with standard nozzles - this will lead to overheating of the engine. Also, do not wash the mixer body under running water - it is best to just wipe it with a damp cloth.