If you are planning to make an oven yourself, you need to consider a lot of factors that affect the quality of the result. An important of them is the solution - with its help all the details of the structure are fastened. And it is he who is responsible for how long the device will be used. To know what points need to be taken into account for this, the submitted article is written.
The composition of the clay mortar for masonry furnaces
How to make clay mortar for masonry oven, properly knead clay? Perhaps we start with the most important ingredient, on which the whole mixture is based. Thanks to it, the starting material is supplied with both viscosity and stability.
However, it is worth remembering that not all varieties of clay are suitable for this business. For example, those that have impurities are not suitable for use. They are pre-prepared and tested using various methods.
To remove all unnecessary substances in the product, it will take a lot of time and effort. Also, clay is conventionally divided according to classification according to fat content: low, medium and high degrees.
As for the next clay mortar, it’s sand. In common with the previous material for the implementation of the work is the elimination of foreign impurities. If there is the possibility of independent extraction of material, this frees you from the obligation to cleanse. It is important that the sand consist of uniform grains.
REFERENCE! The cleanest sand can be found on the banks of the river.
How to prepare a clay mortar for laying a furnace? The final component is water. The main thing here: do not believe the rumors that any liquid is suitable for use.
On the contrary, the most suitable option is drinking and purified water. It is best if there are no foreign microorganisms and other unnecessary substances in it.
Clay selection rules
How to make a brick masonry mortar, the proportions of which are clearly established? To begin with, you should determine the fat content of the composition of the mortar for masonry brick. There are several ways to do this:
- Need to stock up on clay (0.5 liters). A little liquid is poured into it and the dough is kneaded. Then twist small balls with a diameter of 100 mm. The product must dry within 2 days. The substance is oily if it is damaged. But it may be that there are no formations, and the part is fragile. This suggests that the fat content is low.
- To check using another method with the help of fun. To do this, mix the liquid with 2 liters of clay and stir so that there are no lumps. Next, we determine the index. If the mixture sticks, then it is high. Therefore, when the oar is covered with a thin layer - the mixture has a low index.
- And the most common test option is through the manufacture of flagella. Stir the ingredients in 0.5 l of water. Then you can start rolling parts. Their thickness should not exceed 15 mm and a length of 150. If they stretch out smoothly and bend without cracks, then the material is too greasy. The mass should break off at the moment when the length is at least 15-20 percent.
How to prepare the solution: the proportions of sand and clay
How to prepare a solution for laying a furnace? After determining the desired option, it is advisable to immediately proceed to the main process. The ratio of ingredients will directly depend on the level of fat content.
How to make clay for masonry oven? Of course, the ideal option would be the proportions of clay and sand for masonry furnaces 1: 1, because that's when you get a plastic solution. As for adding fluid, it's 1/4.
ATTENTION! In case you cannot achieve the desired result, it is advisable to add 1 kilogram of cement per 10 kg of clay or salt (proportions of 150 grams per 10 kg, respectively). If the clay mass is too oily, it is advisable to add sand up to one and a half times.
Checking the solution for quality
For testing, we developed special methods that allow the master to determine how good his invention is. Consider each of them:
- Visually. It is necessary to roll the resulting mass with a thickness of 25 millimeters into a flat cake. After it dries, various damage should not occur.
- By intentionally creating stressful situations. To check, you need to wait until the pre-made ball dries in natural conditions. Then it is necessary to climb onto a tall structure and dump material from it. Upon inspection, the product should not fall apart.
- The next method will be similar to the previous one. The finished element is thrown against a wall or floor with the application of force. If the formed ball breaks - the material is fragile.
So, using certain methods, you can independently determine how good the material obtained.