It is very difficult to imagine a modern house without a TV - it has so firmly entered our everyday life. And the conviction was also firmly entrenched: watching TV closely means spoiling your eyes. This article will talk about existing regulations and how to comply with them.
Televisions on the market today are significantly different from their predecessors. They allow you to watch your favorite shows for several hours without serious eye strain. However, in addition to vision, the cervical spine is involved in viewing. That is why doctors advise to adhere to simple principles.
- If the TV is too close, the load on the joints and muscles increases significantly.
- Too much distance makes you squint, peering into the details.
- In addition, you need to take into account the height of placement (for the natural position of the body) and the angle of inclination (if the TV is hanging on the wall).
IMPORTANT.Experts recommend watching TV no more than two hours a day, regardless of its location.
There is a standard formula: the distance from the sofa to the TV should be three to four screen diagonals. Initially, such calculations were created for old-style kinescope devices. They are also true for TVs with a resolution of not more than 720 pixels.
Modern models have much higher specifications. Every year the image is becoming better, and the risk of eye strain is reduced. So, for devices with UHD and Full HD resolution (1080 pixels), the distance can be 1-1.5 diagonals without compromising vision.
The above means that the decisive role is played not so much by the size of the diagonal, but by the number of pixels (points). The higher the resolution, the more detailed the picture and the smaller the allowable distance. This is what should be considered when buying a new TV, or when placing an existing one.
IMPORTANT. Before installing the appliance, make sure that there are no heat sources nearby. So you protect the electronics from overheating, and the plastic case - it melts and deforms. Direct sunlight on the screen is also undesirable. And to ensure good ventilation, leave at least 10 cm of free space around the TV.
Regardless of the recommended norms and personal preferences, the possibilities of arranging objects in a room are often determined by its dimensions. So in a narrow long room, the option of arranging a TV and a sofa, as a rule, is one - along parallel long walls. It is possible to fulfill the requirements in this case, but with restrictions.
- If the distance between the walls does not exceed two meters, the maximum allowable diagonal size is 32 inches (80 cm). Provided that the screen has a resolution of UHD or Full HD, this arrangement will fully comply with the standards - 1.5 diagonals from the device to the sofa;
- A large TV for a narrow room is a taboo. Here, both a violation of recommendations and trivial inconveniences when viewing are obvious. The gaze will be scattered, and the muscles of the back will tighten strongly;
- It is advisable to place the device at least 70 cm from the floor so that the image is at eye level;
- The sofa should be exactly opposite the TV. So the eyes will receive a uniform load, and the body will be more relaxed.
Standards for the distance of the sofa from the TV are pretty arbitrary, but you should still follow the recommendations. Then the time spent in front of the screen will be as comfortable and safe as possible.