It is impossible to imagine the kitchen of a modern hostess without household appliances. These assistants have firmly entered our lives.
They improve quality and save you from routine homework.
A microwave is one of these useful appliances.
It is used for heating, defrosting, cooking and baking food.
All these functions leave traces in the oven: greasy spots, splashes, smudges, particles of dietary fiber.
As with any equipment, you need proper care and timely cleaning of the device.
How to clean the inside of the microwave
What products can be used for cleaning
To quickly clean the contaminated surface of grease, minimize costs and speed up the washing process, there are many tools available.
All of them are available at home and are easy to use. The main thing is to know the degree and nature of contamination, as well as the approximate time of the last cleaning.
Given all the factors, we use products from simple folk (for example, laundry soap) to ready-made store chemical cleaners.
The most affordable, inexpensive, but good cleaning product. The antibacterial, fat-splitting and disinfecting properties of soap will easily block its minus for some housewives. We mean an unpleasant smell.
Recipe for cleaning solution
- Grate soap.
- Add warm water 1: 1.
- Beat the foam and apply to dirt.
- Leave for half an hour. Then wipe off the dried foam with a damp cloth. And wipe the inner surface dry.
You will be surprised how effectively the soap will cope with its work.
Naturally, you can cleanse fat with finished products. There are special sprays for cleaning microwaves. They are distinguished by badges. We clean them strictly according to the instructions!
How to do the job right
Before proceeding with direct cleaning of the oven, do a few manipulations.
- Unplug the appliance.
- Remove the plate or rotating disc from the inside.
- Determine the nature of the contaminants and select a suitable cleaning agent.
What you should not do when washing microwave
- Do not use sponges, brushes with hard and hard surfaces.
- Avoid highly foaming, liquid, and abrasive chemical cleaners.
- Do not use large amounts of water for washing.
- In no case do not disassemble the device, let specialists do it.
To protect the microwave from quick contamination, need to:
- Use special containers with a lid. The lid provides an outlet for the removal of steam. This will speed up the heating process and protect the inner surface from splashes of fat.
- Use plastic capsput on a plate of food.
In order to remove contaminants, it is important to know what is the internal coating of your microwave oven.
- Enamel - the most inexpensive coverage. However, it is easily damaged, chips are formed. Therefore, corrosion will appear under them.
- Acrylic more durable, but the surface is scratched, although it is easily washed.
- Stainless steel It serves for a long time, is not difficult to maintain, but is prone to scratches.
- Bioceramics quite expensive, but durable and easy to wash surface.
Important! Maintain cleanliness and wipe the microwave immediately. Spots and grease will dry out, and it will be more difficult for you to wash these contaminants!
Some useful tips for getting things done
- Apply spray, liquid directly to a tissue. Do not spray onto the walls of the oven. This will prevent the solution from entering the internal holes, which can damage the magnetron. Yes, and remove the chemical agent will be problematic.
- Leave the solution on the walls of the oven for a while., for the interaction of fat and means.
- Removing dirt with a damp cloth Do not forget to dry the inside walls of the stove.
- If you are confused by the smell of chemistry, leave the door open for ventilation.
Tip. Means for cleaning electric stoves and ovens are perfect for cleaning microwave ovens.
How to clean the inside of fat
A dirty microwave covered in a greasy layer can cause a short circuit.
This is dangerous and will cause a fire. Therefore, you need to clean the dirty camera in a timely manner.
Simple and fast way
A very quick (in just 5 minutes) and inexpensive way to cleanse is to wash with plain water.
- In a shallow bowl, pour the usual H2O of 250-300 ml.
- We put it in the oven and turn it on at full power. 5 minutes will be enough.
- The effect of a "steam bath" is created inside. In this case, steam in the form of condensate covers the entire inner surface of the stove. Drops of fat evaporate and dissolve.
- After the whole procedure, wipe with a damp and then dry cloth.
- Wash again if necessary.
The better to cleanse fat
To improve the quality of work, special means should be added to water.
With lemon, you not only clean the microwave, but also disinfect perfectly, and also relieve it of unpleasant odors.
- Take 0.5 liters of water + one large lemon.
- Squeeze out the juice and cut the zest into slices.
- Place a container of water and zest in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Wipe the inside walls with the same water, and then wipe dry with a napkin.
Tip. If you add zest of grapefruit or orange to lemon water, then the natural flavoring of your microwave oven is ensured.
The method of application is the same as that of lemon, but the degree of acid concentration is much higher.
Therefore, we act with citric acid carefully, following the sequence of actions.
- We dilute 30 g (one bag) in 300 - 500 ml of hot water.
- Stir until crystals are completely dissolved.
- We put the capacity in the oven at full power, we stand 15 minutes.
The only negative of this method: there will be no smell of lemon in the oven.
Important! If your appliance has an enamelled inner surface, do not abuse acids!
Vinegar cleansing is considered one of the most effective methods.
- We take 500 ml of warm water + 40-45 ml of acetic acid 9%. If you use essence, then you need 10 ml.
- Mix and put in the microwave for 10-15 minutes at full capacity.
- Inside, a vapor effect is created that breaks down fat droplets.
- We are waiting for the solution to cool completely.
- It remains only to wipe the walls of the furnace from the inside.
If you are confused by the smell of vinegar, leave the door open for a while. Place a few lemon slices in the chamber for a while, they will play the role of an absorbent of unpleasant odor.
Tip. In case of severe pollution, repeat the procedure or wipe the walls of the device with a napkin on which table vinegar is applied.
We’ll warn you right away: try not to scrub the dirt directly with the powder. It contains abrasive particles that can leave scratches!
- In a glass container, mix 5 tbsp. tablespoons of baking soda + 500 ml of warm water.
- Put in the microwave for 15 minutes. Hot condensate breaks down the remnants of old drops of fat.
- Do not immediately remove the container, let it cool inside.
- You can moisten a rag diluted with soda and wipe the stains that are not washed.
- Then with a dry cloth bring the device to shine.
How and the better the smell from the microwave
Naturally, cleanliness is accompanied by a pleasant smell. Therefore, if you have not removed the unpleasant odor, then your goal is not achieved.
Here are some useful tips to help rid your household appliance of an unpleasant odor.
- Remember the lemon. It is a wonderful natural flavor.. It is enough to hold several large slices for a while in the microwave.
- You can perfectly cope with this work with the help of any other citrus fruits: orange, lime, grapefruit.
- Use aromatic herbs or fees: thyme, mint, thyme, oregano, lemon balm. Make a water tincture with herbs, put in the microwave for 3-5 minutes. Then wipe dry the inside walls from condensation.
- Do not forget about salt, because it perfectly absorbs unpleasant odors. It is enough to fill in a small container and leave for some time in the oven.
- The black coffee beans placed in the microwave perfectly absorb all bad flavors. Such a cleaning will leave a unique coffee flair.
Accuracy in the kitchen and cleanliness of appliances is the key to health. Recall the basic rules of competent operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Wash the microwave 1-2 times a month. With this period, oily spots are much less likely to become old.
- To avoid problems with cleaning, try to remove any dirt immediately.
If the microwave is very dirty
The sequence of work to wash it completely and efficiently.
- We take out the round plate and the ring on which it is installed.
- Wash them separately with a suitable product.
- We begin to clean the camera from the upper wall.
- Gently but thoroughly wash the grill.
- Proceed to the side walls.
- The last detail in internal cleaning is the door.
- If droplets of fat after the procedures are left in some places, vegetable or olive oil will help to remove them. Put it on a napkin and rub the dirt.
- And finally, we wash the microwave outside. Here you can use special household chemicals. Including use detergents for glass and mirrors.
How and what is the best way to clean dried mud
Here are some more tips and tools that we haven't talked about yet. They will help restore the cleanliness of the microwave, which has not been washed for a long time.
- For 1 liter of water we take 50 ml of alcohol.
- Wet the cloth abundantly and wipe the stains.
- Can be left for 10 minutes to penetrate the structure of contaminants.
- Wash off with a napkin with clean water, but well wrung out.
- Leave the door open for ventilation.
- Apply a drop of the product to a damp sponge.
- Put the sponge inward on the turntable.
- Turn on minimum power for 20 minutes.
- Collect foam from the inside walls. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
Wiper and Vodka Solution
- Dilute the wiper with water 1: 1.
- Apply the composition from the inside, give a lot of time.
- Wipe dry.
- To remove stains, complete the purification with a vodka solution.
We have brought many options for washing, cleaning, and maintaining the cleanliness of your indispensable assistant in the kitchen. And know that you always have "heavy artillery" in stock - modern household chemicals. Use them strictly following the instructions.