Methods of making coffee are constantly being improved. New technologies and appliances are emerging to easily make a delicious drink at home. There are various types of coffee makers with various features and a set of functions.
About brewing coffee
Demand for coffee makers began to grow along with how people began to switch to drinking a good quality natural drink. It is recommended to find out the key differences between the models in order to make the right choice. There are such models:
- carob type.
Regardless of the model, there are general operating rules:
- Before using punishment, carefully read the operating instructions.
- The appliance should be started several times when there is only water inside. This will help to eliminate the appearance of extraneous, unpleasant tastes and smells. Water will remove any debris that might have got into the device during production.
- Detergents used to clean the coffee grinder should not contain abrasive particles. They may scratch the surface.
How to brew coffee in a geyser coffee maker
The first models were made of aluminum. Geyser coffee makers made of steel and ceramics are now on the market. A key feature is the method by which the action on the main component occurs, like a geyser. The coffee maker has two containers that are separated by a filter.
Important! When buying a similar model, pay attention to its production volume. Geysers can make coffee up to 18 servings at a time.
To prepare a drink in such a coffee maker, you must follow these steps:
- Unscrew the top of the model and remove the filter designed for ground coffee.
- Pour water into the lower tank when it does not reach the limit mark. If you exceed it, the drink will not turn out as it should.
- The filter, which looks like a strainer, is filled to the end with the coffee composition. Tamp it a little and remove the excess. The most suitable is a medium-sized product.
- It is necessary to reassemble the model. Put it on a fire or plug it in. Do not leave the coffee maker unattended.
- When the water begins to boil, steam will appear. Then immediately remove the coffee maker from the heat. Electric models turn off automatically. Before pouring coffee, you must wait until the boil stops. Then you can start pouring the drink into cups.
In the described way, you can make espresso. If the drink is too strong, add some milk or water to it.
There are some nuances that are important to observe in order to prepare a quality drink:
- Grind coffee before loading it into the filter, and not in advance. This will allow for a richer taste. For geyser models, medium and coarse powders should be used. This will help to avoid a thick and oversaturated mass.
- The taste of the drinks greatly reflects the quality of the water. Use filtered instead of tap.
- It is recommended to rinse the product after each use. You can even do without special detergents, and warm water will do.
- Tamp the coffee mass so that it does not spill out. Put the product together.
- Do not open the coffee maker while it is working. This will negatively affect the quality of the drink. You can get burns in this way. Therefore, it is better not to touch it during the preparation of the drink.
- If precipitation was noticed in the resulting drink, the wrong grinding of grains was chosen. Increase it.
These recommendations will help to achieve a tasty and high-quality drink.
How to brew coffee in a drip coffee maker
Drip coffee makers are very popular with consumers. They are also called American in a different way. To get a drink you will need ground coffee. You can buy ready-made in the store. You can also grind the grains yourself, in the presence of a coffee grinder. One cup requires no more than three teaspoons of ground coffee.
How strong, aromatic and rich the coffee will turn out depends on how much powder you fall asleep. If you have a drip model of a coffee maker, it is recommended that you follow the following instructions:
- pour water into the container designated for this purpose;
- fill the special tank with ground coffee;
- after check how tightly closed the model is and turn it on;
- wait for the beep to sound that the coffee is ready.
These coffee recommendations are for simple drip coffee maker models. But now there are various options with a set of additional functions, which may include:
- The regulator of the strength of the drink.
- Built-in function for grinding coffee beans.
- Auto heat function. With its help, you can keep the heat of the coffee after it has been cooked for some time. As a rule, no more than 30 minutes.
If there are similar functions in the selected model, you can configure it so that the prepared drinks maximally correspond to your taste preferences.
How to brew coffee in a carob coffee maker
In the carob coffee makers there is no function that allows you to grind coffee beans. This does not apply only to hybrid models where there is such an opportunity. For products of carob type, it is recommended to use coffee with medium or large grinding.
If you take small grains, then the water will begin to pass further through them. The degree of roasting the beans and the variety of coffee can be chosen to your liking. This will not affect the operation of the coffee maker.
After buying a device and acquiring suitable beans, you can start making coffee. To do this, follow these recommendations:
- Turn on the coffee machine, it needs some time to warm up.
- Then you need to take a horn, called a holder, and pour ground coffee inside.
- This step is key. It depends on how high-quality and tasty coffee turns out. At this stage, the powder is pressed. Using a special tamper device called a tamper, you must press on the coffee.
- Pressing can be done in several ways. In the first method, coffee is pressed well by the horn and tamper. Do it once, without repeating.
- The second way is to take a horn and lightly push the tamper on the coffee. Then easily get on the wall of the holder. Repeat the pressing procedure with a little more force.
- After that, excess powder is carefully removed. Put the horn back in place.
- Put the cup under the spout, turn on the device.
As a result of the actions you have, you will get ready coffee. Despite listing a large number of steps, preparing a drink in a carob coffee machine is quite simple. Complexity can arise only at the stage of pressing.
Each of the described types of coffee makers has its own characteristics and nuances when preparing a drink. If everything is done correctly, you will get delicious and high-quality coffee. Therefore, carefully follow the instructions during the preparation of the drink.