Do you like to drink coffee every morning? Can't imagine how you work all day in the office without this aromatic drink? If you prefer to drink coffee not in a cafe, but to cook it yourself, you certainly care about the question: "How quickly, and without spending too much time, get a really high-quality drink?"
Often, among a variety of coffee makers, a simple shopper can easily get confused. Drip type coffee machine, Turk, geyser coffee pot, capsule or carob coffee machine - what is better to get to get a really tasty and fragrant drink? How to choose the right device so that it lasts for a long time? Today we will talk about the advantages and disadvantages of carob coffee makers and the nuances of their use.
Carob coffee maker - device, principle of operation
If you cherish every minute and you don’t have time to follow the preparation of a drink, a carob coffee maker will certainly suit you. She quickly and easily prepares for you at home or in the office several cups of a strong and aromatic drink with her favorite light foam.
A horn coffee maker is a device with a handle in the form of a horn (holder) in which ground grains are laid. It is through them that the steam necessary for brewing a drink passes. Horns are equipped with a handle. Their number is usually 1 or 2. A single track device, as a rule, is designed only for 2 cups of a drink. For offices and a large number of people, a model with 2 horns is already suitable.
Another carob coffee machine is often called "espresso" for the speed of preparation of the drink. Making coffee in this appliance is very simple and everyone can do it.
Stages of making coffee in a carob coffee maker:
- put the right amount of ground coffee in the horn;
- tamp grains with a special device;
- pour water into the appropriate tank;
- substitute cups;
- press the start button.
But are all coffee makers of this type the same? Do they have significant differences among themselves?
Types of Carob Coffee Makers
There are 2 main varieties of carob coffee pots:
- pump action;
In pumping devices, hot water under pressure passes through the coffee brewing it. The power of models of this type is 1000-1700 W, pressure from 5 to 15 bar.
Such a machine will prepare one coffee cup for you in about 30 minutes. The number of cups it makes is much larger than the steam model (6-7 pieces). The cost of pumping devices is much higher than that of steam. But what can you do, for real gourmets this is not a problem when an excellent result is ahead.
In steam coffee makers, the pressure is less (not 5-15 bar, but only 4-5 bar), and the brewing temperature is higher than in pump-action ones (100, not 95 degrees), while their power is not more than 1000 watts. The preparation time for a cup of drink is 2 minutes. Brewing not with water, but with hot steam leaves it with more caffeine, but at the same time makes the drink less aromatic, but more invigorating.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a carob type coffee machine when compared to other automatic and manual coffee brewing devices?
Pros and Cons of a Carob Coffee Maker
The advantages of a carob coffee maker over others:
- she makes coffee with more pronounced taste, compared to drip models;
- coffee forms a favorite creamy cream favorite;
- no need to monitor the preparation of the drink;
- making coffee under pressure allows you to get the minimum consumption of coffee beans.
- no built-in coffee grinder;
- it is necessary to condense coffee in the horn using tempera.
- its use is more time-consuming than drip coffee makers;
- takes up a lot of space in the kitchen.
How to choose the right model so as not to be mistaken? Take advantage of our tips.
Secrets for choosing a carob type coffee pot:
- It is practical if the horn is made of stainless steel and not plastic. In this case, it warms up better, the drink is stronger and without extraneous tastes.
- The presence of temperament makes it easy to compact coffee and get a quality result.
- Conveniently, if the water container at the coffee pot is removable, this will simplify maintenance.
- The water tank is preferably transparent or with an indication showing its level.
- The greater the pressure value of the device, the better the result.
- Light indicators - monitor the readiness time, temperature and amount of water.
- Automatic shutdown - a function that protects against overheating.
- Steam valves increase operational safety and extend its life.
- The presence of a second pump allows you to cook both "espresso" and "cappuccino" at the same time.
- The removable drip tray for leaking drops makes cleaning easier.
- The Stop button will allow you to interrupt the process, if necessary.
- A bifurcated nozzle will allow you to pour coffee in 2 cups at once.
- The function of heating the finished drink and milk will also be very useful.
- The presence of a cappuccino machine - paranello allows you to make a cappuccino or latte.
In general, even if carob coffee makers do not have as many functions and capabilities as professional coffee machines, but with the help of them it is quite possible to make coffee that is excellent in taste.
BUT the price will be several times cheaper than with professional devices. But it is worth considering when buying that the more expensive the coffee pot, the more likely it is to get better coffee.
As you can see, the choice of a suitable apparatus for preparing this divine drink is diverse. And in the end, each buyer will have their own ideal option, taking into account all its individual characteristics.
A leisurely and conservative people ideal classic way of brewing coffee with the help of the Turks, young people will prefer an ultramodern capsule machine. Someone will get a reliable and proven geyser coffee machine from Soviet times, and another will appreciate the truly high-quality and professional espresso coffee machine of the carob type.