A person no longer thinks of existence without assistants in everyday life, such as a vacuum cleaner, dishwasher, washing machine. Home chores are carried out by the usual click of a button.
The failure of household appliances is able to overshadow the existence, for a long time spoil the mood. What should I do if the cause of the breakdown of the washing machine is a blockage in the drain hose?
Drain hose cleaning
In this situation, you have two decisions: call the service center, call the wizard or try to fix the problem yourself. The help of the master will have to wait a long time, the washing will accumulate. Cleaning the hose of the washing machine yourself is not such a difficult task.
A blockage is the formation of an obstruction in the form of stuck debris in one of the sections of the drain hose.
At home, they face two types of blockages:
Mechanical: small objects (from hooks to buttons and coins) get into the filtration system.
Natural: the smallest particles of clothing, pile, fluff, cotton wool, hair, in the hose gradually accumulate in the drainage system, which leads to blockage.
A blockage blocks the drain device. As a result, the machine refuses to obey software commands.
Signs of a clogged drain pipe
Software malfunction: the lights on the control panel begin to flash frantically; the rate of water discharge drastically decreases, while the machine is very buzzing; the touch panel goes blank, the machine turns off; Electronics switches off the washing machine when trying to drain the water, go into the "spin" or "rinse" mode.
To fix the problem with your own hands, you need to familiarize yourself with the design of the drain system of your model. To do this, carefully read the instructions that came with the typewriter at the time of purchase. Learn the design features of your technique.
It is important to know, that in some models (Ariston, Indesit, LG, Samsung) access to the drainage hose is through the bottom panel. Therefore, to access the mechanism, the unit is laid on its side.
The principle of the washing machine draining system
Water before the final discharge is preliminarily supplied to a special corrugated pipe (accumulator) connected to the purification filter. The filter "catches" the smallest particles of dirt, objects.
After passing through the filter, water enters the impeller. Then the liquid leaves the washing machine. As a result of the pressure created by the rotation of the impeller, it enters the sewer through a flexible pipe.
Clogging may occur on any part of this path.
Start with the simplest steps.
Unscrew the filter installed on the machine. In most models, it is located at the very bottom of the front panel. Check for items that have fallen into it. If the filter is clean, you should check the drain hose.
In this case, there are two options for resolving the problem:
- without disconnecting the drain pipe;
- with disconnecting the drain hose, disassembling it, flushing the drain system.
If there is a suspicion that small fibers, hair, and fibers have accumulated in the drain hose, they are cleaned without disconnecting from the unit. The main task is to dissolve this accumulated garbage. Special solutions, powders, tablets purchased in a hardware store will help. Tell the seller - consultant about the problem, he will quickly select the right tool.
Some prefer a banal method - they use baking soda or soda ash.
The recipe is simple but effective:
- It is recommended to take 200 grams of soda powder. Pour into the drum. The washing machine is placed in the washing mode (without laundry), the temperature is set to 90 degrees.
- Heated water together with soda forms an alkaline solution. The high temperature of the solution instantly eliminates contaminants adhering inside the drain hose.
How to clean the drain hose with a disassembly of the drainage system
If cleaning the tube without disassembling did not give results, then proceed to disassemble the drain system.
It is necessary to act in strict sequence, strictly following safety measures:
- Dismantling the unit is carried out only after disconnecting the device from the network.
- Turn off the water tap to the machine.
- Remove the drain pipe from the drain.
- Lay the unit on its side, laying towels under it.
To work, you need a minimal set of tools:
- a thin brush on a strong cable,
Algorithm for disassembling drainage parts:
- remove the bottom panel;
- unscrew bolts of fastenings of the filter;
- wring out the clamp
- using pliers;
- release the drain
- pump hose;
- remove the hose from the body.
Attention! In the case of the vertical loading of the washing machine, the drain hose is not removed through the bottom, but through the side panel!
It remains to clean the removed handset. Examine it carefully for signs of damage, cracks, defects. Insert a small brush on the Kevlar line into the hose. Move the hose back and forth first on one side and then on the other. After cleaning the hose, rinse it thoroughly with running warm water.
If there is still dirt inside, soak the tube for an hour or two in a warm solution of citric acid.
At the end of cleaning, the drain hose is replaced. All structural assembly operations are performed in the reverse order.
The washing machine is assembled, do a test wash. Start the washing process without any laundry. To enhance the cleaning effect, add the following to your drum:
- citric acid.
Set the machine to maximum heat. This method will perfectly clean the household appliance from scale.
What needs to be done to prevent the problem from recurring
Keep these simple rules in mind:
- Check the drain filter regularly (1 time per quarter)located on the front of the typewriter. It easily unscrews counterclockwise. Rinse with brush under running water. Replace.
- Before putting things in the machine, check the pockets. Remove from them the discovered objects.
- When putting things in a drum, fasten your clothes with buttons and zippers. Turn things inside out.
- When using detergents, adhere to the recommendations of the manufacturer.
- Use only powders designed for automatic washing.
- Do not neglect special mesh bags for washing delicate fabrics. Soften the water with products recommended by the manufacturer.
- Descale the washing machine from time to time.
- Install another filter on the pipe through which tap water enters the device. Clean the drain system of the washing machine regularly.
Do it yourself does not take much time to service the machine. At the same time, additional invaluable experience is gained. You yourself got rid of an unexpected breakdown. You can give technical advice to friends, acquaintances.
It is important to remember the basic algorithm of actions in cases of suspected blockage:
- filter check;
- cleaning the drain hose by dissolving the trash stuck in it;
- disassembly of the drainage system.
If there is a blockage, one of the above methods will be eliminated.