The modern market for kitchen appliances offers hostesses a lot of options on how to facilitate the cooking process. A reliable assistant will be a blender - a compact device designed for chopping and mixing vegetables, fruits, nuts and other products.
Going to the store can be a waste of time. Types of blenders and their characteristics are diverse. To become a happy owner of the device and get the required set of functionality, you need to thoroughly understand this.
Types of Blenders
Depending on the design and method of grinding, stationary and submersible blenders are distinguished.
These devices are operated on a flat kitchen surface and represent a bowl or jug, at the bottom of which there are cutting knives. It is installed on the working block-stand, in which the motor is located.
There is also a control panel that allows you to turn on the device, select the appropriate mode and speed of rotation of the cutting elements.
Important! Pay attention to the volume of the jug and its material. For a family of three or more people, it is advisable to choose a bowl of a larger volume. The glass jug is fragile. Plastic is more reliable in terms of shock and fall resistance.
- Free hands. There is no need to hold the device during operation. A simple press of a button will allow you to further do your own thing.
- Self cleaning function. Some manufacturers offer an interesting way to wash their bowls. It is enough to add water, add detergent and turn on the mode.
- Brewing or steaming modes. Similar characteristics have expensive models. The whole process of cooking your favorite food takes place directly in the blender.
- Appearance. Manufacturers took care of the unusual design of their devices. Such gadgets will look stylish in any kitchen.
- Dimensions The device will have to allocate some space in the kitchen in order to be able to use it daily.
- Functional limitation. Despite the interesting cooking modes for soups and steamed products, the main purpose is to grind and mix the food.
- Inability to replace components. The stationary blender has an individual working bowl with knives. Even with a minor breakdown, the device will have to be changed entirely.
Externally, the blender is a handle with a control unit and an elongated working nozzle with knives at the end. During operation, it is held in hand and immersed in a container with products that need to be ground.
Most gadgets of this type have a pulsed mode of operation. It involves pressing and holding the power button continuously during operation.
Important! When choosing a hand blender you should pay attention to the weight and convenience of the case. A non-slip coating will be practical. The buttons should be positioned so that operation does not cause discomfort.
In cheap models, a plastic version of the grinding nozzle is often found. It is recommended to choose metal ones that last longer.
- Compactness. A small device is conveniently stored in a drawer, where it does not take up much space.
- Mobility. Some models are equipped with a battery. This will allow you to operate the device regardless of the location of the outlet.
- Functional variety. Numerous nozzles allow not only to grind and puree products, but also to beat, chop, chop.
- The minimum time costs. To prepare the device for operation, it is enough to attach a suitable nozzle, and then rinse it under a stream of water.
- Expandability use and replace parts by purchasing nozzles sold separately.
- Fast fatiguability. Hands get tired during long work with the device.
- Small volume of crushed productsthe device is handling.
- High price. For a complete set of nozzles you have to pay a tidy sum.
Stationary blenders have the following features:
- grinding and mixing;
- cooking soup;
- automatic bowl cleaning.
In terms of functionality, hand blenders are far ahead. Numerous nozzles allow you to perform various manipulations with products:
- standard nozzle mashes boiled products, grinds fresh, mixes various ingredients;
- a whisk is able to whip proteins or knead batter;
- the mill nozzle quickly sweeps coffee, pepper, sugar, bread crumbs;
- a multifunctional bowl with a variety of nozzles is able to grind, chop, cut food into slices or cubes;
- the vacuum nozzle pumps out air from the containers that come with the device, which increases the shelf life of the products.
This set of characteristics allows submersible blenders to compete even with food processors.
Standard equipment of mid-range devices will allow you to perform simple everyday tasks.
Submersible devices, in addition to the working apparatus, are equipped with a nozzle-foot, whisk, chopper bowl with straight knives, a mixing tank, a warranty card and certificates.
For stationary devices - This is the blender itself, bowl, warranty card and accompanying documentation.
How to choose a suitable blender
In order for the blender to serve as long as possible and fulfill all daily needs, it is necessary to adhere to a small plan for choosing a device.
- We determine the maximum price that can be spent on the device. Do not skimp, a quality chopper will become a good helper in the household.
- We clearly imagine the set of functions that a blender should perform when cooking. So it becomes clear what type of device is needed - stationary or submersible.
- From the presented assortment we choose a model of the most attractive design and corresponding convenience. At the same time, we pay attention to brands. Bosch, Philips, Braun are manufacturers who have long established themselves as leaders in producing high quality products.
A more detailed article on how to choose a blender.
Advice! When choosing a grinder, do not forget about such an indicator as power. The higher it is, the faster the device will cope with its task.