To help housewives for the preparation of various dishes, more and more diverse and modern means are being released. There are so many of them that many cease to see the differences between this or that equipment.
The kitchen machine and the food processor are different devices. It is important to know the differences between them in order to make the right choice.
The main differences of a kitchen machine from a food processor
The modern market offers a wide variety of models of food processors and machines. The latter differ from combines in certain parameters. Despite the similarity of the equipment, the difference between them is as follows:
- The kitchen machine has more powerthan a harvester. But they perform less functions;
- Kitchen machines have more capacious containers. After all, they are intended to process products in large quantities at a time;
- Food processors are more compact. The machines have an impressive size and are quite noisy during operation.
Advantages of Kitchen Machines
A kitchen machine is needed to process large quantities of food at the same time. The device has various nozzles and can reduce the time for processing and cooking. The unit has a number of advantages and disadvantages that should be considered before choosing. Among the advantages can be noted:
- Compact in functionality;
- High power;
- Large capacity.
Among the shortcomings are noted:
- All mechanisms operate on a single drive. Therefore, you cannot perform multiple operations at the same time. For example, if you need to knead and shred, then these actions will be performed in turn;
- If the electric motor breaks, it will not be possible to use the device further. Nozzles also can not help;
- Due to the large dimensions of the device, transferring it is quite problematic.
Advantages of food processors
A food processor is a versatile equipment that can replace most other units in the kitchen. It combines a blender, a meat grinder, a blender and others. If all these functions are required for you, it is better to purchase one equipment than several separate devices.
The key advantage of the food processor is the combination of several units in it. Separately, buying them is quite expensive, in addition, they will take up more space in the kitchen.
The main disadvantage of such a device is the need to constantly assemble and disassemble it. Wash it without such a ritual will not work.
Important! When designing a kitchen, it is necessary to determine in advance where the food processor will be located. Then you do not have to constantly get it when you need it.
What is the best food machine or food processor?
If you have a small kitchen, it is definitely worth buying a food processor. Its dimensions are much smaller than that of a kitchen machine. The harvester combines all the necessary units for the preparation of delicious dishes of varying complexity. In addition, it works much quieter than a car.
Despite the smaller volume of the bowl and the fact that the harvester is inferior in power, it is great for cooking at home.
Tips for housewives on choosing a device
To choose a food processor, you must adhere to these recommendations:
- Determine the place in the kitchen for the unit in advance. It will take up a lot of space in the room and it is important that you are comfortable using it. The more features the equipment has, the larger it will be;
- It is necessary to decide whether you want to cook minced meat or juice. Modern models rarely combine both of these functions. If there are no children, then juice may not be needed every day, unlike minced meat;
- The bowl is made of plastic, glass and stainless steel. In the first case, it is lighter. The glass bowl is easy to break. Steel is more suitable for minced meat.
When choosing a kitchen machine, be guided by the following factors:
- Functional. If you plan to use only a few functions, choose inexpensive units that have only a standard set of features;
- Bowl. Plastic containers can be quickly damaged and you have to buy a new one, although they weigh a little. Glass bowls can be broken, but subject to all operating rules, such a container will last a long time. The same applies to stainless steel bowls. However, such models are more expensive;
- Power. Its range is from 450 to 1000 watts. The more power, the faster the machine performs the action, but at the same time the cost of the models will be higher. Low-power units are suitable for rare use. For regular processing of a large number of products, it is worth considering options from 700 watts.
More about choosing a food processor.
Despite the similarities between the food processor and the kitchen machine, there are differences. The key differences are power, bowl size and model dimensions. The harvester combines several types of equipment, so you can save space in the kitchen and money for their purchase.