In fact, the options to create from nothing something much more than it seems at first glance. In fact, the whole history of mankind comes down to just that. Creative is what brings meaning and novelty to our lives. It would be very difficult to live without them. Even in everyday life, you can create small masterpieces if you bring a little creativity and try to look at the most traditional sphere of life from an unusual angle.
How to make a chair out of pallets
How do you like the idea of making a chair out of pallets? It would seem that such a utilitarian and rude thing has no place in our apartments. But we love reliable and durable furniture, and this container is durable and not afraid of time. If it serves as the foundation for the transportation of very heavy goods, do you think it will fall apart under the weight of our bodies?
How to integrate an object that is initially completely far from comfort into the cozy atmosphere of an apartment? After all, these are rough and heavy constructions. Calm There are no insurmountable difficulties. Little miracles do not happen thanks to, but contrary to!
Tools and materials
Then we need, except for the pallets themselves:
- Of course, a hammer and nails or a screwdriver and screws, sandpaper.
- A solution to protect wood from rot. Here, if you follow the latest furniture manufacturing trends, it is advisable to use environmentally friendly impregnations, ala a mixture of boric acid and salt. Any non-toxic antiseptic composition will do.
- We also need varnish, paint and, optionally, putty.
- A saw with a drill, which can be replaced by a screwdriver with a drill in the chuck, will not be superfluous.
- Accessories and decorative elements.
Handling pallets before use
Everything is simple here. First we clean the surface of dirt and sanded. We cover with an antiseptic to prevent the development of fungus or rot.
Attention! The most important thing is to pre-dry the building material. Do not start work if the pallet is damp. This will lead to rapid rotting of the material.
Putty surface defects of wood.
Chair from pallets independently: step by step
This pallet furniture is especially authentic. The main thing here is decor and / or soft elements: pillows or mats.
Important! In no case should you plant large parts on glue without fastening them with nails or self-tapping screws.
Do it yourself step by step:
- We make the back of one pallet and the seat of the second. It all depends on the size of the future chair. Typically, commensurate parts for the seated person are left from the pallets for these components. If the pallet is long, one divided into two halves may be enough. From two more pallets, sidewalls are built.
- The backrest is placed at an angle or straight. Often you can see minimalistic designs when another pallet is horizontally placed in the middle of their height between three stacked pallets.
- For connection, nails or self-tapping screws are used. It is desirable that the length and thickness of the connecting elements is sufficient to firmly secure parts of the structure, which in the future should reliably withstand all loads. Here, the most important thing is to arrange the parts so that they can be fastened to the timber, and not to the boards.
- We cover the entire structure with varnish or paint, depending on the design intent. In the case when the product is planned to be used outdoors, it is necessary to use varnish, for the house - enough painting.
- If you decide to create upholstered furniture, we sew a fabric cover for future pillows on the back, seat and armrests. As a filler, foam rubber is used, as a rule.