Parquet board is a reliable and aesthetically pleasing externally used coating not only for flooring, but also for walls. If you decide to cover the floor with a parquet board, then you must first level it. How to properly install the floorboard on plywood?
Plywood sheets are laid on logs or concrete screed. Next, consider both options with step-by-step installation instructions.
Laying plywood on the logs
To do this, you will need:
- sheets of plywood with a thickness of not less than 12 mm of the brand "FC" (moisture resistant) or Ш1 (polished on one side);
- a wooden beam measuring 70x40 mm or 70x50 mm;
- PVC film for waterproofing;
- construction tool (drill, screwdriver, puncher, tape measure, wedges, anchors, screws).
First you need to clean the room from construction debris and dirt. Lay a PVC film (fasten the joints with masking tape).
IMPORTANT! If additional noise isolation is planned, then the acoustic mats are laid on film before installing the lag.
Stages of the formation of the base from the lag:
- Check the horizontalness of the floor - it is necessary to mark the installation location of the beam, draw parallel lines at a distance of 30-50 cm from each other.
- At the joining places of the two bars, lay the chipboard or MDF squares glued together (10x10 cm). Fit them to the required height.
- Extreme logs should be placed at a distance of two centimeters from the wall. Attach the bars to the squares with anchors or self-tapping screws. The joints between the bars in different rows should be displaced and not exceed 0.5 cm.
- Install cross bars to strengthen. They are fastened with screws to the lining squares.
- If necessary, fill the space with mineral wool or expanded clay.
- The resulting base must be coated with special glue for parquet or treated with an antiseptic solution.
The next step is to cut the plywood sheet into squares. First, it’s better to make a template out of cardboard to determine the optimal size. After this, it is necessary to cover the floor with these blanks, and only then fix the sheets. It is necessary to lay from a far corner. Subsequent squares fit under the first along a solid wall. Joints of sheets should lie in the middle of a wooden block. Between the sheets, leave a seam about two millimeters.
Attachment points are marked on the sheet, a hole for a screw is drilled. It should be longer than the thickness of the plywood. Next, screws are screwed to the lags, including the transverse ones.
The last step is to cover the gaps with mastic. To do this, you need a spatula.
IMPORTANT! If there are two layers of plywood, then the second is laid so that the joints of the sheets do not coincide with the first layer.
Use for installation of plywood concrete screed
Step-by-step installation instructions for concrete screed:
- Level the floor - for this it needs to be primed. This will eliminate dust and strengthen the base. Less glue will be left on the primed floor. It will also prevent moisture.
- Cut the plywood into squares. Arrange and number the finished sheets.
- Apply glue to the place where the first square of plywood will lie. It is better to use two-component glue.
- Until the glue has dried, immediately put plywood on it. Indented from the wall by 2 cm.
- Thus, cover the entire floor.
- Additionally fix each sheet along the edge and diagonal using self-tapping screws with dowels.
- Joints process with a polished machine.
IMPORTANT! To avoid the formation of air space, plywood must be carefully pressed onto the adhesive layer using a heavy roller.
Technology for laying plywood on a warm floor system
When laying plywood on a warm floor, it is necessary to use a moisture-proof and vapor barrier material so that it does not absorb moisture. Otherwise, the design will become unusable.
It should be noted that when using a heated floor, plywood will heat up. Therefore, you should choose a low-temperature heating system (hot water flow should be up to 55 degrees).
Installation is done without rigid fixation. Plywood is attached to the coating with metal mounting brackets. This eliminates the appearance of swelling and crevices. Between the sheets you need to leave half a centimeter and a centimeter between the wall and the floors to avoid their deformation.
The last stage is putty and alignment of joints.
IMPORTANT! Errors in height will increase stress on plywood. She will soon become worthless.
Before starting to lay the parquet, the plywood base must be dry and clean.
- Decide on the layout: herringbone, deck, wicker, square, etc.
- Choose the material of the floorboard and the number of stripes on it.
- To buy material with a margin (not less than 5%) - when laying, there will be scraps.
- Create the necessary microclimate in the room (humidity - not more than 60%, air temperature - not more than 22 degrees).
- Before laying, the parquet board must be aged in the room for at least two days.
Ways of laying parquet boards on plywood:
- Dry. The boards are fixed to each other using a lock connection. Such parquet is easy to repair, replacing several boards. It should be noted that in case of violation of even one castle connection, the entire floor is deformed.
- Glue. The boards are glued to the rough floor. This method is more reliable, but it will be more difficult to repair the coating. Glue is applied to a small area of the floor so that it does not have time to dry. The boards must be pressed firmly to the base. A two-component adhesive is best suited for this.
- Combined. The boards are glued and additionally fixed with screws. They are mounted through a spike at an angle of 45 degrees. This allows you to hide the fasteners.
The finished parquet floor is varnished or oiled to protect against mechanical damage.
IMPORTANT! When laying parquet near the wall, you need to leave one centimeter.
Compliance with all installation rules gives a guarantee of durability of the parquet floor. If you follow the above instructions, you can put the floorboard on your own. This will greatly save your budget. But it will take a lot of time, especially if before that you did not have such experience.