Modern housewives can afford an impressive arsenal of different home appliances that make housekeeping easier.
The frantic pace of life dictates its conditions and the fair sex does not always have enough time for cleaning the house, cooking and washing clothes.
Washing clothes is considered one of the most time-consuming activities for housewives. It is quite difficult to keep clothes, linens, and towels clean without resorting to special household appliances. Therefore, an integral part of the modern home is a washing machine.
There are two types of equipment: drum and activator washing machines. The latter will be discussed in the article, its pluses and minuses, varieties and basic tips for choosing such devices.
What is an activator washing machine?
The vast majority of people prefer to use more advanced and modern drum washing machines. But the anachronism has not been canceled, so some are quite happy with the activator machine.
Activator machine - This is a device for washing textiles with a rotating shaft, equipped with special blades. It is thanks to the shaft that the laundry moves uniformly in the washing machine.
At the mention of this type of technology, associations immediately appear with massive rollers for pressing clothes, an angular body and uncomfortable hoses.
But progress does not stand still, and their more advanced and modernized brothers came to replace the noisy and unattractive activator cars. The design of the device for washing clothes is quite simple and includes:
- a tank that is made of metal or plastic;
- electric motor;
- activator, presented in the form of a circle of plastic with bulging bulges;
- mechanical timer.
Important! Due to the simplicity of design, activator cars break much less often than drum machines. Failure is often associated with a timer or electric motor. Due to the low cost of parts, repairs will be relatively inexpensive.
It is difficult enough at times to buy household appliances that meet all the requirements and wishes. Alas, one consultation in the store is not enough to make the right choice in favor of a particular type of device. It is necessary to carefully weigh all the pros and cons of the equipment of interest, and then make a decision on the purchase of goods. Therefore, below we will talk about the main pros and cons of activator machines.
- The device is quite mobile. The washing machine can be installed in any convenient place in the apartment, due to the lack of connection to communications. An irreplaceable option for a summer residence or a country house.
- Activator machine is economical. After a white shirt in the same water, you can wash a blue T-shirt, and then black pants.
- The quality of the detergent does not play any role. You can wash clothes in the activator even with soap.
- It does not matter what quality of water is used. The appliance is not threatened with the formation of scale from hard water, as there is no TEN in the design.
- Quite quietly works, does not vibrate.
- Items in the tank can be removed at any time.
- It consumes quite a bit of electricity compared to drum washing machines.
- There is no electronics in the device. This means that such a machine is subject to various kinds of breakdowns less.
- Activator washing machine is several times cheaper than usual.
- The main disadvantage is the quality of the wash. It is not recommended to wash delicate things, otherwise they will quickly become worthless.
- The collection of water in the device and rinsing of washed items must be done manually.
- There is no spin and dryer function.
- To drain the water you need a special tank.
Reference! In some modern models of activator machines, delicate washing functions and modes for washing wool and cashmere have appeared.
The main differences between the activator machine and the machine
The main difference between an activator machine and a machine is low functionality. This type of equipment is intended exclusively for washing clothes (in some models the possibility of squeezing and heating water is provided).
From which we can conclude that the machines operate on an all-inclusive system, washing, rinsing and wringing clothes. Of course, such a system is much more convenient than washing with an activator. But keep in mind that the cost of a drum-type washing machine will be several times higher. Overpaying for comfort or not is the consumer’s business.
The principles of operation of the activator machine
The device works due to the creation of water vortices by the motor. The activator is one of the most important parts of the device and is used to evenly mix water, detergent and linen inside the machine. The appliance is located at the bottom of the washing machine.
Depending on the model of the selected machine, the activator may be at the bottom or bottom of the wall. Now on the market there is a wide range of washing machines of this kind and they are divided into devices:
- with side activator;
- with bottom activator.
Attention! The activator is divided into paddle and impeller. The first type is quick enough, but aggressively erases clothes. The second type can be used to wash delicate fabrics. The presence of an impeller guarantees high-quality washing, does not wrap clothes in tows and does not tear it.
In use, the activator machine is quite simple. It is enough to fill the tank with water, fill in the necessary amount of detergent and use the mechanical timer to start the appliance. After 10 minutes, the laundry must be removed and rinsed thoroughly, and then left to dry.
Varieties of washing machines activator type
If earlier the activator machine was a rather primitive device, today manufacturers offer a wide range of devices of this type.
They differ from each other by the presence of additional options that were not originally provided for in the first Soviet activator machines. Devices are divided into three categories.
- Simple constructions include tank, shaft, and manual spin. Spin is carried out using two rollers, interconnected. To do this, evenly place wet laundry between the rollers and turn the lever. It is possible to adjust the rollers. Thus, the hostess can not only squeeze a thin blouse, but also pass a blanket, a jacket and other voluminous things through the press.
The most popular models are: Oka, Baby, Fairy.
- Semi-automatic machines differ from the previous type by the presence of two tanks. The first tank is intended for washing clothes, the second for spinning. The only drawback of this design is that after the completion of the washing process, the clothes need to be moved to a centrifuge manually, and then spin. In modern cars of this kind of plan, there are several additional options: the ability to wash things in delicate mode and reverse.
The most popular models are: Snow White 55, Siberia, Renovo WS 40.
- Automatic machines at first glance, they practically do not differ from drum washing machines. They are just as advanced and include the following options: water heating, automatic draining, rinsing, boiling, etc. But many people have a question: what then is the difference between a drum and an activator automatic machine? Everything is very simple. In the tank of the activator machine there is an activator-impeller. As mentioned earlier, the impeller provides a more thorough and high-quality washing and does not spoil things.
The most popular models are: Whirpool Vantage, Redber WMA 5521, Evgo EWP 4026 N.
Who is suitable for activator washing machine
Devicein perfect for owners of summer cottages and country houses. Agree, it’s convenient to place a small, compact washing machine somewhere on the mezzanine or in the closet and get out only if necessary.
An excellent solution, the technique will be for students living far from home or for young people renting an apartment.
Due to the problems with old wiring, which does not always withstand powerful voltage drops, an activator machine is one of the best solutions. In addition, it is not always possible to crash into old pipes.
Tips for choosing a washing machine
The first advice that applies to all types of equipment is as follows: do not buy electrical appliances with your hands. It is better to give preference to new models from the home appliance store, which are under warranty.
In the event of a breakdown, the activator washing machine can be repaired at a service center free of charge or exchanged for a similar model in good condition. It is better to pay attention to models that have proven themselves in operation and have a large number of positive reviews from consumers. In all other respects, the choice depends on the preferences and requirements for the activator machine.
This article examined the main pros and cons of activator washing machines, their varieties and principles of operation are given. Techniques of this kind can be of various types: from the simplest varieties to high-tech models. Which washing machine to stop at is the choice of the end user based on personal preferences.